IPM stands for the Integrated Programme in Management (IPM). It is a five-year programme in management offered by the Indian Institute of Management, Indore (IIM I). The programme is aimed at students who have passed out of class XII / Higher Secondary or equivalent from various schools in India. It is definitely worth a try even for those who have just joined their Bachelor's course elsewhere.
It is for the first time that a management institute of the repute of IIM Indore is offering a course admitting students who completed their higher secondary examinations. IIM Indore aims to develop competent management professionals, change agents and outstanding leaders through this program. It provides an excellent opportunity for young aspirants, who want to pursue a career in management and will help them get a heads up in the field of management much ahead than they could have through the more traditional approach of the post graduation or a masters program. The program will also aid students in overall personality development and bring about societal awareness.
There are several other reasons why this program would excite a student fresh out of school:
- Better training in management thanks to a wider training horizon and world-class faculty of an IIM
- The brand value of being an IIM graduate alongside your graduation
- Much improved employability as compared to traditional graduation options
- Relatively easier entrance test as compared to management entrance tests post graduation where the number of applicants is much higher
What is the Eligibility Criteria?
|For Gen & NC-OBC Category||For SC, ST and PWD/DA Category|
|60% Aggregate marks in Secondary / X Std / Equivalent and 60% Aggregate marks in Higher Secondary / XII Std / + 2 Level / Equivalent (or) SAT–1* overall score of 1600 out of 2400||55% Aggregate marks in Secondary / X Std / Equivalent and 55% Aggregate marks in Higher Secondary / XII Std / + 2 Level / Equivalent (or) SAT–1* overall score of 1475 out of 2400|
|Age Limit : No more than 20 years||Age Limit : No more than 22 years|
*Only SAT scores between Jan 2013 - Mar 2014 are considered
What is the Selection Process?
The selection for IPM is a two stage process. The details are as follows:
Stage I: Aptitude Test (AT)
- Objective-type with a total 100 questions in two broad sections, viz., Quantitative Ability and Verbal Ability. The questions in Quantitative Ability will be only from topics studied till Std X.
- All applicants who satisfy the eligibility critera will be called for writing the test.
Stage II: Personal Interview (PI)
- The shortlisted candidates would be called for an interview at one of the 6 interview locations.
The final selection will be based on the overall performance of the applicant in AT and PI.
The following weightages will be used to arrive at the composite score for final selection.
- Aptitude Test (AT) 60% (Within test: 60% Quantitative Ability Section and 40% Verbal Ability Section)
- Personal Interview (PI) 40%